Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Winterfest with The Coopers Rock Foundation

Here's a cool event that I seriously regret only just finding out about.

When I came into work at the Adventure WV Office last week, our program manager, Marcedes, asked me how my weekend was. I don't remember what I said, but it was probably something generic about how I watched Netflix studied and am already stressed about applying for graduate school next year. That's not the point of this story. The point is that Marcedes' weekend was way cooler than mine.

Me: [after ranting about the hardships of undergrad life] "So, how was your weekend?"
Marcedes: "Great! I'm the 2014 Frying Pan Toss Champion."

Apparently, it went something like this:

Marcedes trained all year for this moment.


And that's how I found out about this awesome event that I had missed: Winterfest! Apparently many of my office-mates had been there, and I had missed the boat...



On the left: Our associate director, Nathan, and his daughter, Simone, testing out the sledding hill!








Below: Even this dog knew about Winterfest.


Winterfest, which took place on February 8th this year, is an annual event that takes place in Coopers Rock State Forest. This winter-time extravaganza, which is organized by The Coopers Rock Foundation, offered a variety of snow-related activities, including sledding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and snow obstacle courses. Oh, and of course, there was a fire, hot chocolate, and chili. Yum. Classic cold-weather foods. You can see all of the offerings on the event's agenda, here. (I felt super jealous that I had missed out after I saw all of the fun activities from that day!)

Since pictures are worth 1,000 words, check out some more Winterfest photos on the Coopers Rock Foundation Facebook Page.


I'll be sure not to miss out on the snow filled fun of Winterfest next year! 
I hope everyone is staying warm and finding some way to enjoy the snow for as long as it may last! :)
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment